Thursday, July 28, 2011

Week In The Life | Thursday

So I'm officially giving you a fair warning that today's Week In The Life is even more boring than when I'm at the office working!

I woke up in the middle of the night, maybe around 2:45 AM. I throat hurt and my whole head was stuffed up. I couldn't fall back asleep. I don't know why I didn't take some medication, but I didn't. Probably because I wasn't thinking clearly because my head was all stuffed up! After tossing and turning for an hour, and waking Todd up, he went and got me two Nyquils and I was finally able to fall back asleep around 4:00 AM. Ugh! So needless to say, I didn't get up at 6:30 AM to workout (was supposed to be weights today). I had planned to work from home today anyways, because Todd was working from home due to the jacuzzi guy coming over to fix our jacuzzi and install the new cover for it.

I didn't get out of bed untl 9:00 AM. Still was not feeling well. Went downstairs for some iced coffee.

Iced coffee and steel-cut oats for breakfast.

I logged on to my work laptop and did some work, but my head was all stuffy still. So I went to take a shower.

And took some drugs. I started to feel a little better.

We got a call from the jacuzzi guy that the cover that came was the wrong one, so they have to order it again. He wouldn't be coming today after all. Doh! Pretty soon it was lunch time and Todd wanted to go to an Indian buffet near my work that he never gets to go to because he works in the opposite direction from our house. So we went. I didn't care where we ate because I couldn't smell anything anyways, so nothing tasted great.

We stopped by Rite Aid on the way home to get me some throat lozenges and more meds. I found Noodle hanging out by the free weights again. I don't understand the appeal of this napping spot, but whatever works!

I felt tired so I spent the rest of the afternoon totally zonked out on the couch.

It was one of those naps where you're totally dead to the world and wake up 2.5 hours later!

I woke up and Noodle hadn't moved. Still by the free weights except now he shifted sides so his head is on the left. He cracked me up!

Todd worked some, then when I woke up we watched some TV. Noodle came over to cuddle on his lap again! I'm so jealous because Noodle doesn't do this with me, LOL! Even though I'm his primary feeder. Noodle, where the love?

I took more meds and zonked out more. Then Todd prepared dinner and I woke up just in time to eat dinner.

Healthy veggies and tofu! 

Tonight I'm going to rest more and see if I can kick this head cold to the curb. Hopefully I'll feel good enough to go to work tomorrow. I also missed the Thursday noon Bible study at church today. Boo! Being sick is no fun!


  1. Oh bless you Christine, I hope you feel better soon!

  2. Hope you feel better for the weekend!

  3. Sorry to hear you are sick. Feel better soon!


Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from you!

[feedly mini]