I’ve been participating in 30 Days Of Lists this September. I also did it last September, but only on my blog. This time I made a mini-book and I’ve been updating it with the daily lists. I think it’s such a neat way to document my life at this point in time. Of course, I *would* find lists the coolest thing ever. What’s my blog called? Ha ha!
And because I haven’t been updating my blog with these lists since September started, I thought I would do one big blog post with them all, up until today.
30 Days Of Lists | Day 1: I Am A Lister because…
- It helps me stay organized
- I enjoy seeing my tasks crossed off and my progress visually
- It’s an easy way to journal + document my life
- So I don’t forget stuff
- I have a list for everything
- Lists are great for inspiration & ideas
- It helps me prioritize
- I AM LISTGIRL!
- Run at least 30 miles
- Lose 2 lbs
- Incorporate strength training in some form
- Finish book “The Help”
- Complete 30 Days Of Lists
- Do 4 layouts for SC’s Pop Off The Page class
- Get closet purged and re-organized
30 Days Of Lists | Day 3: My Friends/Family Would Describe Me As...
- sports fan
30 Days Of Lists | Day 4: When I Need A "Time Out", I...
- Go to my craft room
- Go watch TV in the bedroom
- Have a cup of coffee
- Go take a walk break
- Talk to some friends in the hallway at work
- Close my eyes and pray
30 Days Of Lists | Day 5: Reasons To Start Eating Better
- More energy
- Lower cholesterol
- Sleep better
- Lose some unwanted weight
- Healthier long term
30 Days Of Lists | Day 6: Reasons To Quit Wasting Time On The Internet
- Use the time to actually CREATE something
- Use the time to exercise more
- Use the time to hang out with friends
- Use the time to read more books
- Better for my eye and posture health
- Have more in-depth conversations with family/friends
- Consume less, create more. Inspiration is nothing if it does not lead to action.
30 Days Of Lists | Day 7: Midnight Snacks
I don't have midnight snacks. But I do have 8pm snacks. :)
- Roasted seaweed from Trader Joes
- Hot chocolate
- Tortilla chips with melted shredded cheese on them
- Gummy bears
- Tea with soy milk
30 Days Of Lists | Day 8: Out My Front Door...
- palm trees
- houses blocking my ocean view
- small porch
- parked cars
- small front lawn
- usually an Amazon box, ha!
30 Days Of Lists | Day 9: Today You Can Find Me...
- worrying about Noodle sneezing (catching a cold?)
- vacuuming for an hour
- running 3.1 miles (5K) on the treadmill in under 30 minutes for the first time in ages
- reviewing "The Help" on Goodreads.com
- at the computer
- in my craft room
- at Baskin Robbins
- making lists
- processing photos
- getting things done!
For my album I used mostly the Heyday Collection from Studio Calico. I keep it all in a melamine tray (from Target) on my craft table so I can just work on it immediately. But everything is contained so I don’t feel like my craft table is a huge mess. :)
Also, after the first day, I decided to print the list journaling out onto the Becky Higgins Project Life 3x4 grid journal cards. That way the list stays the same size and I can just work on decorating my page. It has worked out really well for me, giving my mini-book a cohesive look. Also, when applicable, I’ve taken photos with my Instax camera. The size of the Instax photo is perfect for my book.