I’ve been doing Project Life on and off since mid-2011. In total, I have two full albums with about a year of memories documented. I’m excited to start a new Project Life album and keep printing out photos and add journaling to my album. I’ve missed it!
Last night I put together my cover page for my 2013 Project Life album.
I love the quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson and wanted to use it for my title page. I was going to just print it out onto a 3x4 card, but then this idea of spreading it out across all my photos came to me. I processed all my photos with the same recipe of filters in Rad Lab, so that they have a consistent look. Then I pulled the photos up in Photoshop and typed out the words in big white letters across my photos. I lowered the opacity so that the photos can still be seen underneath the text. Then I printed my photos out. For the middle two slots, I used a thick woodgrain cardstock in chocolate color. The “HELLO” was stamped using Studio Calico’s Stepping Stone alphabet stamps with Brilliance Ink in Galaxy Gold. Then I used some number Thickers for the “2013”. On the left, I used my Silhouette to cut out the framed camera shape with POW glitter paper, and inked and Stickled the wood veneer heart shape.
What will be my process for 2013?
- Take photos on most days with my Canon DSLR, my Canon point-and-shoot, my iPad, or my phone.
- Upload photos to my computer a couple of times a week. Process and tag photos in Lightroom.
- Make any photo collages I want to print in Lightroom.
- Print photos at home using my Canon Pixma MG5320 printer.
- Use paper or printed digital supplies. Whatever I feel like at the time.
- Not worry about missing weeks or having a 2-page spread per week. I don’t want to force it such that it becomes a chore and not enjoyable anymore. I love it for what it is and want to keep doing it whenever I can fit it in.
- Using lots of Evalicious supplies. ♥
- Using digital supplies from One Little Bird and The Lilypad.
- Incorporate other sized layouts into the album if it makes sense and tells stories in a better way.
My tentative plan is something like a one-page per week. I’m going to use other divided page protector configurations if they make more sense. I have a ton I’ve bought and haven’t used, plus my sister gave me a big batch of We R Memory Keepers ones that I can use. I love those because they are sturdy and durable.
One thing I’ve noticed that prevents me from actually getting my pages done is looking at too much inspiration on the internet. I love looking at other people’s pages for inspiration, but there comes a point when you realize there’s too many choices and you get overwhelmed with indecision. I’ve decided to limit myself in the time I spend looking at other people’s pages, so that I can get my pages done, in my own way. I don’t really know what my style is, or if I even have a consistent style. I’m not too worried about it. :)
What are your plans for Project Life, if you are doing it this year?